Congratulations Jocelyn Bignold OAM
The College congratulates Jocelyn Bignold, the Chief Executive Officer of McAuley Community Services for Women (MCSW), on being awarded a Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) in the 2020 Australia Day Honours.
Jocelyn was recognised for her service to the community through social welfare organisations. Listed amongst her long-standing service ‘record’ were the following leadership roles and achievements:
- Chief Executive Officer, since 2008, of MCSW
- Council Member, since 2017, of Catholic Social Services Victoria
- Member of the Victorian Government's Family Violence Housing Assistance Implementation Taskforce (current)
- Former Chair, Western Integrated Family Violence Committee
- Former Member, Women's Correctional Advisory Committee
- Inductee, Victorian Women's Honour Roll, 2009.
In September 2019, the College was privileged to have Jocelyn as a guest speaker at our High Tea fundraising event for MCSW. Jocelyn shared with us some insights into the work of providing support and advocacy for women and their children who are affected by family violence, mental illness or homelessness. She spoke of the urgent need to take action and accelerate change in social norms for respectful relationships, and she described the various ways MCSW helps over 1300 women and children to rebuild their lives, supporting them on their journey towards independence and a safer future. Jocelyn’s address was both challenging and inspirational.
The College is proud to be closely associated with MCSW and we share their delight in Jocelyn’s richly deserved award.Return to the Latest News